Where our money goes
This list is an example of what it costs to support our kids:
- $15 is the cost of a birth certificate
- $50 is the cost of a driver's license
- $100 pays for a uniform and shoes for a job or training class
- $150 pays the utilities bill for a month for a student's apartment
- $250 is the amount needed for car insurance
- $500 is the amount needed to cover books for a semester of school
- $600 covers the rent for a 1 bedroom apartment
- $750 pays the rent for 2 students in an apartment
- $850 covers a (CNA) technical course not covered by tuition waivers or exemptions
- $2,000 covers the rent, and deposits on setting an apartment up for 2 students
- $5,000 helps buy a car for a student who needs to travel for school
- $10,000 is the amount for room and board and most expenses for 1 student per year
We always need volunteers! Our volunteers do everything from mentoring to running our office. If you have the time we could use the help! What our youth need most of all is the attention and influence of good people. They need to know that people care! Please contact us and let us know that you are interested in supporting our youth!
We are in constant need of cleaning supplies, sheets, towels, and hygiene products. We are sorry but we do not accept used clothing because we do not have the space or manpower to organize these donations.
Our organization's CH number is CH39500
1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com
We are a 501 C3 organization.